Description of SJC Memberships/Donations
Thank you for your interest in an SJC membership. SJC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public charity. Its mission is to foster a greater understanding of the American art form of jazz, and increase audience participation through education and participation.
You can become a member now by clicking on the link below. By doing so, you become member of a professional performing organization, where interaction and information sharing is with those having similar interests. Ever evolving and expanding, member benefits are subject to change, and as the organization grows, and members can expect greater benefits. The current levels of membership are:
$100 per year-Entry Level
- Listed in SJC database
- Notice to events before public
$300 per year- Same as above, plus:
- Discounts on selected performances
- Meet and greet parties
$1,000 per year – Same as above plus
- Invite to selected after party shows
- Free passes to some performances
- Special notices and recognition as a supporter of the organization at the highest level with the greatest membership level tax deduction
- Recognized as high level supporter of jazz in Sacramento and region
$1500 per year -Same as above, plus
- Highest membership recognition of support of jazz.
SJC offers two one-time Legacy level donations for individuals, groups or sponsors
Coltrane Legacy $2,500
Ellington Legacy $5,000
In addition to these specific memberships, SJC is grateful for any donation amount. Always check with your tax professional regarding tax-deductible requirements as IRS may have minimal donation level requirements.